I've enclosed a few images for you to have a look at.
One is a 'popper' type button found at around the eight inch mark. It gave a great signal with the V3 with Gain on 2, Discrim 5 Discrim Depth on 8.
I had Threshold on 6 and Silencer fully wound to max - (for no other reason than to see what effect it would have)
These are not published settings but just trying my own thing sort of. The machine was still 'banging' out the signals but was quiet most of the time despite there being quite a bit of iron in the ground. The second item is a tiny bit of folded foil (equivalent to a hammered) which again was around the six inch mark.
I did dig a number of pieces of iron which worried and confused me a bit until I realised, all the iron I had dug up had holes of some sort in them or were bent 90 degrees or so, so would fool most detectors regardless of make.
I can post an image of the iron I dug if you want but its the usual plates with holes, bit of chain, part of a horseshoe, bent nail and so on.
The second image is why we should all carry first aid kits with our equipment in the car. Even if its just some savlon and antiseptic cream of some sort.
Also with that second image, the amount of metal is minimal as you can see but the Bliss still rang loud and clear at around the six inch mark.